Monday, August 16, 2010

Bridal Shower Gift Ideas

Many people are now having "green" bridal showers by requesting that guests do not wrap their gifts.  For my sister's shower I liked the idea of being green, but mostly I thought there were just too many guest to sit through her unwrapping each gift.  This is the poem I included on the invites:
Shower presents will be on display
No gift wrap is needed for this day
Just a bow or a ribbon, if you choose
To make a bouquet the Bride can use.
I actually copied this idea and poem from my cousin's shower. Admittedly my family is a little crazy, so my sister, mother and I gave my cousin her gifts unwrapped and presented in a unique way, see pics...
We bought the coat rack from her registry and then added the following miscellaneous items:

  • pasta strainer as her hat, and I pulled curling ribbon through some of the holes as her hair

  • cutting boards as the feet.  I bought pink shoelaces and used double-stick tape to secure them

  • A huge oversized bra stuffed with sponges and other small items

  • Granny panties stuffed with some other additional small items from her registry

  • Spatula and dishcleaning brush as her arms, with pink plastic gloves over them

  • Dishtowels as her skirt secured with "chip clips" from her registry

  • Any other items we just tucked them under her skirt of stuffed in the pockets of the cow apron

  • we printed an 8x10 picture and cut it out to put the bride-to-be's face on her gift
In the end it was a huge hit and everyone appreciated our creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment